Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Friday, January 2, 2009

This is ground control....

As 2009 brings us all further into the future world many have dreamed of in which we'll one day be provided with tech benefits like anti-gravity belts, robot children and those cool pills from the Jetsons containing everything from confectionery to condominiums, I'd like to take this time to ask what unsavory side-effects will the future also bring.

As I type this, I'm listening to angry profanity laced shouting from four stories below. yeh, shouting in New York, breaking news. As I always do I check the clock, and carefully peer out the window, so that in case of homicide I can provide the most detailed anonymous account to the "crimestoppers hotline" all the while being careful to avoid stray gunfire.

Can you imagine my dismay at finding the streets empty, and all the shitstorming coming from one side of a cell phone conversation?

and I quote," MUTHERFUCKKER, FUCK YOU, GONNA MAKE ME KILL YOU, I DON'T WANNA HEAR BOUT, DAT, ALL DAT SHIT IS DEAD, YAH HEARD? DEAD NO FUCK DAT AN FUCK YOU I AIN'T TRYIN TO HEAR THAT SHIT AND YOU PISSIN ME DA FUCKOFF, SO UMMA HAVE TO FUCK-- NAW SHUT DA FUCK UP, YA HEARD?!..."

I heard.
(he's still screaming btw, but I think this paints the picture)

Ah....Once upon a time, a gem of inane street behavior like that could only be enjoyed by the select few, fortunate enough to be within earshot, but not in the world of tomorrow (tonight!) In our world of tomorrow(tonight!) two distinct areas, (even more if they conference*) can hear every ignorant utterance ghetto fools have to offer. What a truly convenient technological luxury!

anybody gotta futuristic scrambler?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?