Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009, to Brooklynites and the world

I rang in the New at a combination of friend's living rooms, cozy local pubs, and one occasionally pretentious mini-night club, all in Brooklyn of course. (apologies to my friends who partied in Astoria) I wanted to go but that wind wass wicked, kept blowing me right up out the subway station. And have you ever walked through Astoria on a windy winter night, jeez you might as well be naked, wet and flayed.

No pictures, not for nothing but who wants to see dark blurry images from Moe's? Or video of someone's dvr'd broadcast of a network feed from Times Square? Nope what I have is best wishes to everyone who reads this, and especially everyone who commented on this blog in last year, my first year blogging.

I got plans (who doesn't?) for this year's blog which I'll be detailing probably sunday.

In the meantime as I watch the sun rise and the buildings' molten glare for the first time in 2009's Brooklyn I remember a lovely young lady from a far away place telling me long ago that one should always see the new year sun to properly greet the year and set the tone for things to come.

Admittedly when she said that I thought of how many times I had failed to see the first day much less the first daylight of the year and wondered if I'd been doing it wrong in all my prior years, you know being blatto and what-not. But seeing as I'm awake and staring directly into 2009, remembering her optimistic words help warm an otherwise cold morn.


(as you know I'm big on images so I took this one
but since my camera is still broke from the spill this
is what I got. The pic seems perfect considering...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?