---

Loading...

Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Loading...

Translate

About this Blog

My Photo

BrooklynBornThis blog started in my head when I listened in the 90's to friends who feared Brooklyn and newcomers who blogged about BK as if it barely existed before they arrived. Brooklyn as Tabula Rasa. My blog satisfies my need to hear and air feelings of B'klyn from the people whose life experience was born here. Also I hope to provide balance to some of the revisionist historical musings I've seen how Brooklyn and her residents used to be, we're still here. If we can all live as best possible while appreciating the past and neighbors we've inherited that would be great too.

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mermaid Parade Coney Island Brooklyn 2010

I made it out to Coney after all... here's some pics:

IMG_8521

NeoD



IMG_8415

I so wanted him to sing "under da sea"
I so wanted him to sing "Under da Sea"

IMG_8496

IMG_8501

lil ducks

IMG_8542
Poke!

IMG_8544
these guys had a very dramafilled guidorific screaming match for ten minutes and two blocks,something about a girl

IMG_8524
water bottle

IMG_8545
Brooklyn's Famous...

IMG_8432
swash

IMG_8550

IMG_8543
she reminds me of Darryl Hannah in "Splash"

IMG_8513
sometimes you have to get away



IMG_8498

IMG_8478
I always wanted to take one of these pics

IMG_8436
Mermaid affection

IMG_8548

IMG_8441
"Line do not cross"

IMG_8413
the end