Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dog Day Afternoon too

I love New York. And I love Brooklyn even more. Because where but Brooklyn, NY do you find an image like this.
Fire Fighter Hero to Dog on a Ledge

See on any given day in the burbs you're likely to get your cat up a tree. But here in the big city, you got your dawgs on a ledge.
Onlookers await the rescue
Maybe it's a 401canine. Ohh!

HAD TO DO IT! HAD TO!! NO Apologies!!

Okay, since I'm the only one laughing it's time to do like Warner Wolf and go to the video(tape). But first here's the setup, I'm in Crown Heights (cause I still count Washington Av as the boarder, I'll never stop complaining about shifting boarders) and I'm headed down St. Johns Place when I notice a guy petting his dog in the window. Double take and I think,"wait that dog is outside the window! WTF!?" Well as fortune would have it, t'was this dog's day made more so by that most relevant of New York elements, location, location, location.
Pet Recue and Ladder Truck into Action
You see the apartment building the dog chose for it's shout for attention that only bloggers can hear is located two doors down from the Firehouse of Engine 280 & Ladder 132 aka "In The Eye of The Storm".

And now we continue the video already in progress...

(Part 1) I had to adjust focus on my camera, so the videos is in two pieces.

And now the thrilling conclusion!

How can you not love Fire Fighters, Denis Leary be damned!
Btw, If you can come up with something better than "401Canine", I'd like to see you try.

6 comments:

  1. I never trusted those child safety bars. Great video. I'm gonna go and hug my dogs now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch. Fire fighters and dogs, what more could you want?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm confused... couldn't the man have just pulled the dog in through the window, above the baby gate??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the same when I pulled up, but then I noticed the dog was skittish, the ledge not very wide and the firefighter didn't seem to have leverage, just a hold on the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here they came to save the day! That was really cool, how it was a thought out group effort. Just wonder how the dog got out there to begin with.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?