Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Friday, March 27, 2009

Frankly speaking: Frank White is closed
(or is it? Update below)

It's Friday and I don't know where you're going tonight, but unless your a real estate broker you're not going to Frank White's lounge on Atlantic (at the boarder of Prospect Heights and Clinton Hill (once upon a time twas the boarder of Crown Heights and Bedford-Stuyvesant, yeh I know...))
IMG_9806.JPG
That's because Frank White is closed. Yup, I happened by yesterday and took some pics.

It was a cool lounge, good neighborhood spot, even hit up a party where Spinna played. They had an artsy aesthetic, doing things like using Poker chips as currency, WHICH I STILL HAVE (might as well be Bear Sterns stock). But alas it seems artsy accents and trading cash for cuteness couldn't keep the place afloat. Which makes me wonder when are entrepreneurs gonna realize that this stretch of Atlantic Av is not the place to put up a successful social business. (insert Atlantic Yards comments.....Now!)

Frank goes up to small biz heaven like Pork Knockers before it (closed around 2000 same locale).

Now that Frank White is for rent, think I can get the space for one black Movado?

UPDATE: According to longtime BBBlog poster "Leer", Frank White may live on.
Leer said...

Yea. I talked to the owner recently and she said that they are closing there but will be reopening a few doors down. This time it will only be for events and showcases... no food. So Frank White will live on. Although I feel that any type of foot traffic business is doomed on Atlantic... wish they would take it to Fulton St.

Maybe I can cash in my chips after all...

1 comment:

  1. Yea. I talked to the owner recently and she said that they are closing there but will be reopening a few doors down. This time it will only be for events and showcases... no food. So Frank White will live on. Although I feel that any type of foot traffic business is doomed on Atlantic... wish they would take it to Fulton St.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?