Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Photo Wednesday 12/03/08 Chilly Willy the Pigeon

Here's a late PhotoWednesday edition: Winter soon come.
Hunkerdown

I've noticed this dude(or dudette) a few times over past weeks. I'm back from the dentist and the razor blades of joy that are dental x-ray films. There used to be some cushioned tabs the dentists would use to soften the edges of those films, so they wouldn't make dog food scraps out of the lining of my mouth. That they don't any more means somebody choked on one and spit out a trust-fund.

Anyway, between the razor x-rays and the razor's edge that is my life these days I got to experience the chill in the air. It's nothing like February will be of course, and I still hold out hope of a globally warmed christmas-time, but seeing the above pigeon puff itself up and try to bask in the days last rays of sun turned my cold clumpy heart into something slightly less cold and clumpy.

Even now as I write this the boid is still out there, the sun now gone, it's body bracing against the breeze. Winter soon come.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful bird! Those feathers are surprisingly insulating, especially all puffed out like that. Don't worry!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?