Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

PhotoWedns: 7/23/08 It's a guessing game

ssunset
Where am I?

I've been looking to expand the scope and function of this blog just a little. All five of you who read this blog will notice I've managed to deliver reports with pics and my perspectives of the current events and great random happenstances that I happen upon. But I want to do more to show off more of the 70.61 sq miles that make up Brooklyn.

Part of my inspiration is the syndrome I've decided to call "where am I-tius"
I've noticed with increasing regularity that quite a few people exit train stations in Brooklyn (particularly and of course NYC in general) and seem to be lost. Over and again I've watched people stop short after walking up the stairs and just look around seemingly baffled, like Dorothy exiting a house in Oz. (I've helped those in need when asked. It's usually pretty easy, frequently those in question are standing on the street they seek.) Most people I've witnessed, scan the area at the top of the subway stairs, with an eyes that would give eagles envy, before desperately digging out the cellphone. But really it seems people could use a hand, so I figured maybe this is what can I do to increase Brooklyn visual awareness.

So to make this happen I'm experimenting with my "Photo Wednesday" feature by making it a guessing a game.

Next week Tuesday I'll tell where this picture comes from a tell a little bit about it's surrounding area. And then next PhotoWedns will feature another Brooklyn locale.

Till then if you think you know where the photo places you, click on the comment link and leave your guesses!

3 comments:

  1. The pic has me imagining standing atop a building in the midwest as the funnel of a hurricane begins to form. call me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never call a guessier crazy. Unfortunately your guess, though imaginative, is incorrect. I can assure this is not a midwestern vision of brooklyn.

    It is near to brooklyn's midsection...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna say....coming out of the train at Nostrand & Fulton.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?