Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

PhotoWednesday 052813 : City Boy, Citi Bikes Edition

Brooklyn kid improvs on Citibike
(Photo by: Jason Scott Jones)

Today's Photo Wednesday today comes from a the Dance Africa Street Fair outside of BAM which had a new visitor this year, the sometimes ubiquitous CitiBikes of the new and endlessly photographed BikeShare program. My first impression upon encountering the bikes was about the same as the kid above, glee.

Immediately I thought myself brilliant for thinking the bikes are a ride unto themselves, "hell they're a flash-spin-class waiting to happen!", I thought. "Geez, I'm clever" I mused, wearing my shoulder joint out from my back slaps. Then I saw this:


So... ah, yah. I guess at least it means for at least one brief provable moment, the erudite minds behind the NewYorker and I aligned. Seriously though, who's down for the flash spin class? 

I never considered that a city full of stationary bikes (for those not willing to plunk down for the ride) could be so much fun. I expect video to follow from all corners of the bike sharing city. Maybe even my own..

For what it's worth I noticed this is my 400 post and the blog has been going from 6 years which is slightly more math than I'm willing to average out but yeh, theres that. Enjoy your May, it's soon to part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?