Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

About this Blog

My photo

BrooklynBornThis blog started in my head when I listened in the 90's to friends who feared Brooklyn and newcomers who blogged about BK as if it barely existed before they arrived. Brooklyn as Tabula Rasa. My blog satisfies my need to hear and air feelings of B'klyn from the people whose life experience was born here. Also I hope to provide balance to some of the revisionist historical musings I've seen how Brooklyn and her residents used to be, we're still here. If we can all live as best possible while appreciating the past and neighbors we've inherited that would be great too.

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PhotoWedns 5/27/09 Green, Road killed.

Road killed (great street art in Williamsburg)

So delighted and intrigued by this.
For those who want to hunt it yourselves, I came across it in WillyB, near the new developments going on by the waterfront (forgive me I NEVER remember which street is which in Williamsburg)

The piece is instantly engaging, entertaining and inspired these questions in my mind:

Who's the artist(s)?
What's the mechanics involved in installing?
What's the message? Simple whimsy, typical WillyB irony, a statement about green-spaces killed by development? (it's place on the boundary wall of a construction site) or meant to be all of the above.

Overall exactly what art in general and street art in particular should be in my measure; instigation and interaction with the street and world beyond.

Happy Wednesday