Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Friday, May 8, 2009

I went to the 2009 Brooklyn Blogfest, few words, pix

I attended the 2009 Brooklyn Blogfest at powerHouse books in D.U.M.B.o.

Brooklyn Blogfest 2009

Besides the sticker-shock at seeing people who I had unconsciously created mental images for materialize in the flesh, it was a great opportunity to find out what the grassroots on the otherside looks like. All sincerity it looks like sweet creativity.

I don't have much of a post, getting busier these days still moving(within B'Klyn of course), more to come on that but here's what stood out to me:

The celebration of what I'll call "everyarts"; the expressions of personal often unrefined but deeply personal perspectives and aesthetics which are the center of what any artwork is, that is what I say on display at the Brooklyn Blogfest. I thought it was empowering in the way the cliche'd siblings organic and grassroots are truly meant to be.

Also I dug what seemed to be a spoken uninhibited stream of consciousness displayed by Jake Dobkin. When the guy has a point, believes in it, he makes it.

Dobkin on personal blogs: "we all have to accept... that we're really not that interesting"

Here's a few pix of what I saw:

Brooklyn Blogfest 2009
Brooklyn Blogfest 2009
Otherwise I was too busy listening to the speakers, watching great photos and poignant videos and otherwise being informed to take more pics. And I left the evening without any snark on mine or anyone's parts. Impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?