Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Friday, May 8, 2009

I heart Rosie Perez


credit: wikipedia

I bumped into Rosie Perez twice in my years in Fort Greene/Clinton Hill, and even though I think I once scared the holycrap out of her (I got caught in a early-morning bleary-eyed stare at a giant canine that turned deer-in-celebrity-headlights moment) she was always cool.

I missed commenting in the moment about the brouhaha that erupted around her comments on "entitlement" in gentrification. But she brought an equal mix of common street sense and philosophical social concern to the conversation and for that I heart Rosie.

Basically here's a follow-up where she straightens records, and gets heads to nod to the Brooklyn beat.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/05/rosie_perez_doesnt_have_gentri.html


Plus I still think she was robbed an Oscar nomination for her role in "White Men Can't Jump" For reals.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid, I remember coming back from vacation in the Bahamas and she was standing outside talking to the police. Her place got broken into. We lived right next door and we had been gone for almost a week and she was the one who got robbed. We felt so bad for her.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?