Search the archives of this Brooklyn Born Blog!

Translate

More about this blog

Brooklyn Born Blog Subjects

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Photo Wednesday : 03/30/11 : Dressing Up & Dressing Down in the Hood

photo.JPG

The tiles of the new Chavela's on Franklin Ave in Crown Heights.

I was passing by one night last week and noticed a handsome crowd galavanting inside, as I approached with a small bag of groceries, a regular dude was entering and let me in. I looked around 180 degrees and connected eyes again with the regular guy who then informed me, "they're not open" he apologized as I walked out.

Chavela's isn't the only new biz dolling up:
pawn pennant 1

pawn pennant2

pawn pennant 3

Ah yes these flags were needed because an (actually) underground pawn shop is not tacky enough. Is this legal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your comments, no really, we would. Go for it. What's your Brooklyn view?